Thursday, February 06, 2014

Longway back to home

From Bangalore I went to my wife's place via Kolkata. I spent holiday working with her on PhD thesis comments and having lots of sweets. I can't recall more than this. After Khirpai together we went to my bother's place in Bokaro. The most remarkable thing about this journey was the finding of the borders and transition of regional cultures. It was a region from Medinipur to Purulia where temples were dominated by Goddess Kali and then came the region from Purulia to Bokaro where typical North Indian God Hanuman took over. It's magical in India how with millions of Gods we never find uncomfortable living with others with different one while rest of the world is still full of people who love n hate and even kill you for not believing theirs God. In Bokaro, I went to see a steel plant, a life time experience to see steel flowing like water! We stayed there for 2 days before we traveled to Mau via Varanasi by train. I was at home, place about which I can complain, but my no journey to india can be complete without.

No comments :