Monday, April 25, 2016

Keeping high to let you die

Among my friends and family, I am seen as someone not very tasteholic. This is to the level that I even had a bitter argument with a friend saying, we live and work hard to have good food. That good is undoubtedly the taste, not health. To me, it's animal characteristic, not for humans. But, I also see that whether people explicitly say this or not, most live it.
Anyway, point for me is that, while people are so much fond of tasty food, how long do they really enjoy the taste! Technically, what's the residence time, a few seconds max a few minutes, isn't it? And, then it's only after effect, which is mostly not the best thing. Alcohol and drugs have a more extended pleasure period and more side effects. All keeping you high for a period to ensure equally more substantial ill-effects. Seriously, look around, most good things taste poor, and most good tasting things have adverse effects on health. So, all races and chases for taste are for that happiness of a few mins.?! Think about it next time when you are dying for "good" taste, and also your purpose in life.

No comments :